Monday, May 7, 2012

On Behalf Of Hair Stylists Everywhere...

OK, I am just going to put it out there, the truth. Every single hair stylist in the business would agree, even if they will not admit it to you. Here it goes I can no longer contain it. If you or your child has stayed home from school and/or work because you are sick, then you shouldn't be coming in and getting haircuts! There I said it and I am going to repeat it too. If you were too sick for work, you are too sick to get a haircut. If your child could not go to school because they were sick, then they should not be getting their haircut. This is truly the only thing I strongly dislike about my job, in fact I down right hate it and according to my brother-in-law, "You shouldn't hate anything." When it's a weekday, before 2:00 p.m. and you/ your child is in my chair, I will ask, "You didn't have school/work today?" The response I hate hearing? "Oh no, I am home sick today." (Honestly, I get this response more than I really should, in fact, I get it more than just a simple "Yup.")

Maybe I am just talking crazy here but if you stayed home because you are sick, why aren't you at home??? When you come in sick I can't tell you to leave but I sure want to, I actually can't even ask you why you aren't home. I will tell you, that the whole time you are with me, I will be thinking it and I am going to be really pissed off if I get sick because of you.  I am going to be even more ticked if my 18 month old ends up sick because I brought it home. Unless you are home sick because it's "morning sickness" and therefore not contagious that is the ONLY exception. Why? Well, because I know you can't catch a pregnancy. Here is some more truth for you, not only could you get me and my co-workers sick but other clients, and all of our families. That is a lot of people that could get sick because you wanted a haircut. I can not tell you how many times I have gotten sick within two days of having a sick person in my chair.

Remember friends, if you stayed home sick, STAY HOME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment