Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sick Kids

Ella caught Nick's cold. We were pretty sure it was going to happen, but it's still a bummer that she is showing the starting symptoms. When your child is sick, it just stinks. They don't feel very good, you feel bad for them. It really is an all around crappy situation. Although at least we aren't alone as parents. Every one's kids get sick and all parents feel bad when it happens.

Ella started coughing today, and it wasn't the fake cough she does that apparently, is soooo funny. This is an involuntary hacking that just makes me sad to hear and it makes my throat sore just listening to her. The only thing I am hoping for is that it doesn't last long. I really can not complain, up until now, she has had one cold in her first 15 months. I am so lucky we have not had to deal with any thing else.

I know it builds their immune systems, helps to protect them as they get older, that it's good to expose them to germs and all that. Ella is a frequent member of the lick the shopping cart handle club. I'm usually OK with that, meaning I don't freak out about it. Hey, my child doesn't go to day care and isn't exposed to other kids that often. She is around people a lot, but most adults don't try to share her cup, although she offers, frequently. So I don't really mind exposing her to germs in our every day lives. Now, if some kid with a cold steals her toy, that was in her mouth and puts it in their mouth, she will not be getting it back to chew on.

At least I get to take care of her when she isn't feeling well, who knows, maybe I will actually get some cuddle time for once from my amazingly independent baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment