Monday, January 30, 2012

Manic Monday

Oh Monday's, even when you stay home with your kids, there is just something crazy about a Monday. You start thinking of everything you have to do during the week. Plus to be starting out with a sick kid, this is not going to be my week, let me tell you. On top of everything, I start my part time job tonight. I am officially back in the hair business, although very part time. Fortunately, I am licensed in a profession that allows me to still be home during the day and work a few evenings a week. Along with a husband who likes me to be home during the day with the baby and helps to make it all work out.

Monday's are the day you figure out which days you're going to run your errand's, clean the house, what will be for dinner for each day of the week, play dates and all the other things you need to do every week. Plus, you also have to find time for yourself, your spouse or significant other, friends, family and of course the kids. Even when you stay home with your child, you still have to make time for them among all the other tasks that come with being home. It can be a little overwhelming and that is where my "To Do List" comes in. It helps prioritize my tasks and ensures I wont forget something.

While I will never LOVE Monday's at least it's the one day of the week where I can justify sleeping until Ella wakes me up. Hey it is Monday, and it's better than getting up with Nick at 5:30a.m. like I normally would. So glad Ella usually sleeps past 7:30am.

No comments:

Post a Comment